conversion

Tim J

We are using an Allen Bradley 5/04, an Ultra 3000 drive, and a PanelView 550 all communicating over DeviceNet. I have taken the drive data and converted in from double integer to floating point, (so we can scale it) and now I have to convert floating point back to double integer (so we can send it to the PanelView). Has anyone accomplished this? If so, I would appreciate help in the matter.
Thanx,
Tim

You should be able to display this data directly on the PanelView, either as 4 bytes of the PLC/PV I/O connection or as an explicit read from the Ultra 3000 that is triggered by the PanelView.

What value, exactly, from the Ultra 3000 are you trying to display on the PanelView ? I can probably give a good example of just such a configuration.

thanks for your reply, I found a coversion example on the AB knowledge database. very close to 1 I had been working with myself to convert DINT to floating point & back.