GE Series One Problem

Newton W

We aquired a machine that has a GE Series One Plus plc. The PLC displays an E21 error code and by all info that I could gather it appears that the program needs to be reloaded. Here's my problem:

Problem 1:
We were given a disc that has copies of the latest program, but no software to install it. Looking at the files they have the extensions .ESD, .ESX, .INF, .LCD, .LCX, .LDA, .LDO, .PRJ, .PRT, .RD, .RF, .SCD, .SCX, .WSP

Question 1
Can anyone tell if this is from the LOGICMASTER 1 software? (I hope so because we've ordered that "all-in-one" package from GE Supply)

Question 1b
If not, does anyone recognize this extension set?

Question 1c
If you personally have the software for this could you possibly be able to print this out for me so I can manually enter the program into the plc?

Thanks in advance,
-William Newton

They look like DirectSoft file extensions. The product formerly known as the Series One is now marketed as the DL305 by Automation Direct.I personally don't have DirectSoft for the 305, but there are several AD experts here, so if you zip up the files and post them, someone will be able to help you out.

Logicmaster file extensions are lad, nam, and exp. You might also see lbu, rbu, ebu, and rdf in a Logicmaster folder.

Thanks Steve,
I'm attaching the files (I hope) in .zip file. If anyone can help I would be extremely greatful!

Thanks again,
-William Newton

Yet again Steve is right on. It is a Directsoft project and I am 98% sure that the GE software won't recognise a Series One PLC or the program.

Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll be glad to print it and mail it to you.

PS. You can get Directsoft from AutomationDirect for the DL305 family (same as a GE Series One) for $199.

Thank you Steve and icky812!

It seems that the folks we aquired this machine from have gotten their hands on the software and communications unit and cable that were supposed to sent here with the machine. It's been overnighted and we should be able to get this thing going tomorrow. It is the DA software and I'm glad you guys shared this with me and saved me the trouble of purchasing the Logimaster stuff...

-William

I opend this file and tried to print it to a PDF file to repost it, but my DS4 locked up...Had to go to task manager and close it. Hmmm...never happened before.

Series One PLCs

Howdy, We just got rid of our last Series one machine. We did a brain transplant, put an Omron in it and reprogramed the unit. I brought home all of the spare parts to use with my home genset and Inverter setup. There is a faceplate programmer that fits on the face of those CPU's I have a spare if you could use one and I have a Series One CPU. I looked in the book E21 Reads,

Cause: CPU has detected a fault in the parity structure of its internal memory.

Corrective Action: Go to load mode. Depress CLR. Reload memory from Previously recorded tape or clear entire memory and reload manually. If BATT light is not ON and fault cannot be cleared, replace the CPU module.

Also if you need input or output cards I have a dozen or so of assorted, Triac 110 v and general purpose relay contact cards that handle AC/DC 24 to 240 volts loads at about 5amp max.

I was looking for the software for these units. Thats how I found you. I am doing the program with pencil and paper and punching it in the old hard way through the faceplate programmer.

If I can be of help drop me a line

Jim L