Just finished reading the great piece on Sinks and Sources though
it seems to be the case that a sink or a source depends solely
on the current convention you use??
A sink can become a source in any given cct if you reverse the
current convention and vic versa.
Am I right in this or assumption?

you're working without a net here ...

friendly advice: don't go there ...

basic idea: could you wear your left shoe on your right foot IF you renamed your left foot and called it your right foot instead? ...

also: does "clockwise" really become "counter-clockwise" just because you're standing BEHIND the clock? ...

like I said: don't go there ...

"Am I right in this or assumption?"

In a word... NO.

In the world of electronics...

SINKING refers to accepting a "Conventional Current", from a higher potential in the circuit and connecting it to the lowest potential in the ciruit.

SOURCING refers to providing a "Conventional Current", from the highest potential in the circuit and connecting it to a lower potential in the circuit.

In the following... "C" = Collector", "E" = Emitter

+--------------(+) Battery (-)------------+
| |
( + ) +----------/\/\/\/------ -> ----------+ ( - )
C \___/ E
|
"NPN"

In the above, the Resistor is "SOURCING" and the Transistor is "SINKING".

+--------------(+) Battery (-)------------+
| |
( + ) +---------- -> -----/\/\/\/-----------+ ( - )
C \___/ E
|
"NPN"

In the above, the Transistor is "SOURCING" and the Resistor is "SINKING".