Step7 POINTER

Hi
Is there any way to manually create a POINTER for fully qualified access to a DBW(say) in a DB.
At the minute I need to:

OPN DB10
L DBW[AR1,P#0.0]

But I think with clever manipulation of what I load into AR1 I could:

L [AR1,P#0.0]
Wouldn't that be nice?

My problem is accessing the bytes of the POINTER that determine the DB number and the memory area. All the other bytes are easy - it can be assembled in a scratch word and copied to the Address register.

Thanks

Similar Topics

I have a word in some DB which I want to load to AR1 and use as a pointer. In order to do this I need to write L DBxy.DBW xy SLD 3 LAR1 I...
Replies
Views
Hi people. I am having some trouble with siemens Step7, i'm not expert on it by any stretch. I'm more of a Bradley person with some TIA portal...
Replies
Views
Hello! Is it possible to copy pointer's pointing address to any variable at Siemens step7? I mean I have pointer address to db block with...
Replies
Views
Can you help me with "generating" pointers? I have INT variable and I want to create pointer based on variable's value. For example var=30 =>...
Replies
Views
Have a little question how to do this: I want to do a ANY pointer wich gets a DBnr (INT) and number of bytes to send and number of bytes to send...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom