edit comments (Step7)

Ivan.ru

Hello, Im an totally S7-beginner, but i have with S5 worked. Can I edit comments separately with S7 like PK/FK in S5?

thanks
Ivan

Ivan,

first of all, I don't see why you would want to do that, taking into account that you can distort the connection between comments and rung completely in that way. I know it was possible in S5. It was even possible, if you had a lot of idle time, to edit an S5 program without the Step5 software simply by editing the hexadecimal values on the diskette. But both were dangerous things to do, especially if something went wrong you were in a huge pile of s**t.

As far as I know you cannot edit the rung comments separately from the program in S7, which is a good thing if you ask me.

Kind regards,

There was a thread recently about a utility that could edit the comments as proposed. But it was not free. Search for it of you are still interested.

I agree that it should normally not be necassery (or even a good idea) to edit the comments like that.
One reasonable use that I can think of, would be if you would want to send the comments to a non-programmer for translation to another language.

Reason

Hello, thanks for your answers! The reason is: S7-programm, the disk has an error, the custumer has an 2 years programm but in the 2 years was many changed. i have for example comments from network 7-164 but in the actually programm this must be network 40-...

Ivan

I have used the following method when faced with the problem of someone doing an on-line edit (where a network gets removed for example) and then not saving it on the programming device. If you then copy the block from the plc to the programmer, the network
comments will be shifted and not tie up with the logic (just like you can get in Step5 !).

To get the comments back in line, simply edit the block on-line, insert a blank network at the point where the comments go out of line and then download the block in the plc. When you exit the editor do not save the block.

Now copy the block from the online folder to the offline folder and hey presto, the comments will now be back in line.
When you open the block offline you get a message saying the symbol information is not valid, you can clear this by saving
the block off-line. You can now download the block to the plc and your comments are in line again.

I use the plc simulator when doing this so I don't need the plc hardware and can do it in the (relative) peace of the office.

Comments

Hello Simon,

this works. But the names of jumplabels are changed to M001.. M002... and not NEXT.. BACK...

ivan