Help on Toshiba EX 40

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

Can anyone give me the pinouts for connectiong the small hand held graphic programmer to a Tosh EX40 plc ? As i have the PLC and programmer but the customer has lost the lead!

It uses RJ45's at either end which is all i know!

Any help appreciated

Ok I have some more info

The old manual i have found on the tosh which is extinct by about 15 years shows the programming port to be RS422

The connector on this is an RJ45

So i can now make a lead :)

But on RS422 whats the pinouts ?

Are there any pins jumpered together ? Is the lead straight through ?

Interface info

LOOK HERE <-----< link

Read the description for a small correction in the drawing, then click on the "Download Now!" button.

Thanks

Looking at the drawing

I would wire the RJ45's as crossovers on the entire 8 pins for connecting the handheld prog to the ex40 prog port

Is this correct ?

ie 1 - 8
2 - 7
3 - 6
4 - 5
5 - 4
6 - 3
7 - 2
8 - 1