mulderm

Hello,

Who knows where the hidden files evrsi.sys and 386swap.par
are on the harddisk from Windows XP?
I can not find these.
I use RSLogix5.

Greetings,

mulderm

These option have I set, but these files aren´t there.
With Windows 98 these files can I find.
But why not with Windows XP?

mulderm

1. Does this XP computer properly run RSLogix5?
If not it may never have been activated so the files wouldn't be there.

2. If it does run RSLogix 5, is the XP computer part of a company network?
If it is the activation files may be in the root directory of a networked computer.

It may possible that, if you are running the RSLogix application by keeping the activation disk in floppy drive, then it will directly take the EVRSI.SYS file from floppy and run the application. So, before starting to search the file, you need to move any of the RS licence in the C:\ Drive.

H:\ is more than likely a networked drive (or it could be a USB drive). When you install RSLogix by default it will check for the activation files on c:\ and a:\, meaning that unless you edit the rocksoft.ini file RSLogix 5 won't be working for you.

I would move the activation back to the floppy and then move it to c:\. Alternatively you could edit the rocksoft.ini file to have it look at the h:\ drive.

Its on the root of your H:

Be sure to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" under:

Tools>Folder Options>View>Advanced settings.

Sam

if logix 5 runs , then they are there , without a doubt . I assume that you know how to use evmove.exe , if so , then use it to find the activation and do whatever you wish with it - and with the greatest respect , if you don't know how to use evmove , then I suggest that you take a great deal of care before you even start with logix 5

Hello guys,

What Samnneggs say is right.
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
I have done uncheck "hidden system files" but this is
not enough.
Thank you guys for the help.

mulderm

Please read the rest of the postings and follow the instructions . Use evmove to ascertain the location of the license . This is really not difficult !

Last edited:
Normally it should only be necessary to use the EVMove utility to manipulate the license files.
But there is ONE exception:

The two files evrsi.sys and 386swap.par have some attributes that must be set for the license to work. In some strange cases the attributes can be set wrongly (I have seen it myself once).

If the license doesnt work, then you can check this:
Open a command prompt (Start ... Run ... specify "command.com").
Type "attrib evrsi.sys <ENTER>". It should respond with "SHR C:\EVRSI.SYS"
Type "attrib 386swap.par <ENTER>". It should respond with "A SHR C:\386SWAP.PAR"

If there is something wrong with the attributes, then use the attrib command to set them right.

NOTE 1: When manipulating the license files (EVMove or attrib or any other way), make sure that no Rockwell software is running, also not as a service !

NOTE 2: There is no need to "unhide" the license files. The attrib command works regardles of the "Hidden" or "system" attributes.