PV600 String Display

Bob O

I have a 5/03 hooked to a PV600 touch and I would like to display a string on the PV screen and I am not seeing an easy way to do this. I have 90 products listed in the PLC and would like to display the current selected product on the main screen for the operator. Will I have to type this into a message display and display the message when a certain bit is true?

Thanks,
Bob O.

If I understand correctly, you want to display a ST datatype on a PV600.

I would create a text object and use an embedded variable. This can be done by creating the text object and double clicking it. In your tag set-up you should select "character array" as the data type and give it the ST address in the PLC.

See attached screenshot:

pbstring.gif

Also, if you are using Panelbuiler version 3.6 or earlier, the string will be "swapped" when it is displayed.

In order for the string to display correctly, you will need to use the SWP command in the PLC logic.

Of course, if you are using a newer version of Panelbuilder, disregard this advice.