Meterological Station

GregPLC

Howdy everyone. There is a need to trend outside air temperature and humidity at our plant. Of course I can use the "roll your own" method, and stick a TC or RTD and a RH sensor up on the roof, then come back to a PLC.

I'm looking for more of a canned solution, and I'm curious if anyone's used something like this. Here are my requirements:

1.) Measure Temperature
2.) Measure RH
3.) Preferable Ethernet connectivity.
4.) Even more Preferable to have an OPC driver available so we can dump it right into our iHistorian server.

Has anyone ever run across or used a device that will meet all the above? I've done some very preliminary googling, with not a lot of luck. If I happen to find something stellar, of course I'll post it back here too.

TIA,

Greg

I've since decided to roll my own... The research I did involves a lot of proprietary hardware/software. I think I'll raid what we currently stock in the plant....It'll integrate with our iHistorian project better anyway. Unless anyone has any better ideas?

Greg

We have a La Cross (sp?) professional weather station here but it's not designed to interface with industrial system.

Two other possible source would be:

1. Irrigation system supplier. I know they use mostly PLC hardware. Google HOBO or Global Water + Weather... this is more a build your own type of system. Need PLC + IO card, etc. etc...

2. Building management system. I know Siemens Apogee got a OPC server with its HMI. Then again, you probably won't want to spend that much $$$.

Heck, check out Rat Shack.. you never know. Back in the 80s, the COCO3 computer actually got 4-20mA input, etc..

I guess the need is not that great for a package system to have an industrial interface...

also looks here http://www.campbellsci.com/software, looks like they have a OPC server to interface with La Cross type of weatherstation??

greg
google for "hygroflex" product at rortonic.com.
we have been using the unit indoors for a few years without any problems. analog,rs232,rs458 comms.

tl