FA-1 and CLIP 6.00

I'm trying to program an IDEC FA-1 (NOT FA-1-J) using CLIP 6.00 running under Win XP.

Any attempt at communication with the FA-1 results in:
"echo-back character not received"

The comms settings are: 9600-8-E-1

Any ideas?

Gazza
I have had problems running Clip 6 under windows 98 in a DOS window and have more success after restarting the computer in dos mode. The explaination I was given was that as CLIP 6 is a dos programme it handles the comms different to how windows handles the comms. I do not know enough about how XP handles the comms of a dos programme to know if this is the cause of your problem. Have you access to another computer that you can run the programme on under DOS?

Another question, which adaptor are you using? the PF2-CLAU Link Adaptor or the 'adaptor built into the plug'. The programming software that programmes in statements (I have forgotten its name) will not work with the PF2-CLAU and has to use the 'adaptor in a plug'. I always used the PF2-CLAU when I programmed the FA1 as I did not have the 'adaptor in a plug' until we had replaced all the FA1's

Jim.