clock

rwhite1157

In the slc 500 there is a real time clock that is accessible for program use. I was wondering if the micrologix 1000 has the same thing? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Randy

Hi Randy,

The answer is no, there is no real time clock in micrologix 1000. Maybe because there is no backup battery used in micrologix 1000, the program is stored in EEPROM.

thanks

Chavak, Thanks for the info. I guess I'll do what I need to do with timers and counters. Its too bad the 1000 doesn't have it, as it comes in handy. Thanks again, Randy

Thanks

Rick, Thanks. I have to stick with the 1000's though, as they are allready installed. We had a college intern design and program a few projects and he forgot the "KISS" principle. His programs would work well if the sensors he used were in a different inviornment. The panels he used are very small and I need to use one pilot light to indicate several different fault conditions, so I figured I could try to give a different number of flashes for the different faults. I haven't worked with the 1000's before. Thanks again, Randy

You don't need the RTC to just flash a light a different number of times. You can use regular timers. At least that is what I think that you are getting at.

That isn't really me. Here is what I really look like.

ugly20.jpg

blinkenlighte

RWhite:

If you are just blinking lights, you don't need the Real-time Clock, you need the "free-running clock". The Micrologix 1000 has it - S:4.
Each bit toggles at a different frequency.

;) HERE, HERE...
I wish more people would get used to using S4 bits instead of
seeing unnecessary rungs and Timers used in programs. Most of my
programing is either troubleshot or modify somebody else's program
Maintenance Tech's in most plants I have gone to must study each
rung to know its purpose, we as programmers need to keep them in
mind sometimes. A XON bit discribed as "internal blinker bit" will
save them from searching for the timer of and XON/dn bit and studing its conditional input instructions.

I hope some of you agree . :D

real time clock

I will probably look at the S:4 bit and see what I can do. I will also keep looking for the manuals we must have somewhere in the plant for the 1000's. Thanks for your help, Randy

I agree with john the S:4 bits are great. They allow clean and efficient programming.

For the manuals, you can find everything on ab's site. What info do you need exactly? Someone on here can help with it and possibly the links right to it.

Drewcrew6