DeviceNet

tcf24m

Hi Everyone,

I setting up a DCS using AB micrologix 1500 and deviceNet. I know deviceNet utilizes the CAN protocol. I am wondering if anybody knows if I can set the arbitration field(determines who wins the collision)or if devicenet just randonly sets this field.

Thomas Franklin

On DeviceNet, bus access arbitration depends on the MAC ID and the Group Number of the message.

It is not random.

This is handled automatically by the firmware of the DeviceNet nodes themselves. A PLC programmer has no need and no tools to alter the bus access arbitration mechanism, other than changing the type of message (Polled, COS, Cyclic, Strobe, Explicit), which changes the message Group Number.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi, I am looking to migrate some of our Electronic Overloads off of a Troublesome Devicenet Segment. Is there any documentation confirming the...
Replies
Views
We've run into an old system that we are upgrading which is still running Steeplechase with Citect using Devicenet to Wago. I had some experience...
Replies
Views
Sigh, DeviceNet noob... I have a 1756-L55, with a DeviceNet module, and 10 PF700 all commanded with DeviceNet. One of the PF700's blew up...
Replies
Views
Good day Forum Members I got a older Lincoln welder and hoping to make it work at our shop. Welder in question is the Lincoln Power Wave 455M...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends We have 10 Powerfocus 4000 with DeviceNet, We need to backup the configuration, the Powerfocus is detected but as unrecognized...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom