Is it the scrap heap?

randylud

This may sound a bit silly, but I have some 1771 I/O racks that I have to get rid of. They were donated to the school by a local firm that was going to put them in the landfill. I took them thinking I might be able to use them, especially since I got about 150 1771 I/O modules to go with them. The reality of it is, however, I have no use for over a dozen of them and most of the I/O modules are not of much use either. There is a reason why most companies set stuff aside to throw out. But, before I commend these things to the ground, I wanted to know if anyone here could use a lot, or even one or two 1771-A4B 16 slot racks. If you think you want them, then there is a slight catch. They will be free for the taking, you just have to get them from here in Greensboro, NC by some means or another. Meaning that the school/state is not going to let me pay for shipping them anywhere. So, what is your pleasure? Or should I just load them in the dumpster and bid them a fond farewell? You decide! Thanks!

Randy,

I feel for you..It so hard to toss stuff like this that was once so cherished, and now is so obsolete.. I've got about 20,000 sq feet of the same problem....

Hello eBay!

If you sold them, maybe you could get some nifty Fluke's, and a couple of 260's.

Okay guy's, this is a 260. Watch this, the neddle swings, a lot easier to do a lot of things with. see this Fluke, it only swings when you twirl the cord.

Course, if the plc stuph winds up on eBay, just think of the "beginner" questions we'll get.

LIST THEM!

bestest best regards (best 73's).....casey

I deal with an industrial repair outfit in Matthews NC that has "traded" in the past. We decommished an old system, and traded all the I/O for two "refurbed" cards we needed.
You may be able to trade all your useless stuff for one or two things you can use. If you want the contact PM me.

Old Stuff update

Here is the list of I/O and other related things I am going to have to dispose of in some way. I have started the process of checking into the suggestion that Ken made, and do appreciate the other suggestions so far. Here is the complete list of my junk. LOL
  1. AB P/N Qty
  2. 1771-AL 10
  3. 1771-ASB 2
  4. 1771-ASC 1
  5. 1771-DLC 2
  6. 1771-IAD 1
  7. 1771-IB 5
  8. 1771-IBD 28
  9. 1771-IBN 6
  10. 1771-IFC 1
  11. 1771-IQC 35
  12. 1771-IR 2
  13. 1771-IFE 7
  14. 1771-KA2 17
  15. 1771-KF2 5
  16. 1771-KG 2
  17. 1771-OA 4
  18. 1771-OAD 2
  19. 1771-OB 1
  20. 1771-OBD 29
  21. 1771-OBN 6
  22. 1771-SN 1
  23. 2700-IM1 2
  24. Bul 2700 15
  25. 1771-A4B 15
  26. PLC Processors
  27. 1772-LP3 2/30 4
  28. 1772-LSP 2/05 2
  29. 1772-LW 2/17 2
  30. AB Power supplies
  31. 1771-P4R 8
  32. 1771-P2 2
  33. Displays
  34. 2705-K11C1 8
    [/list=1]
    Thanks guys, I do appreciate your input!

Here is an idea! :D

Donate them to the just_lionel Training cause :) I'm building a test board.

Really, if you are looking at getting rid of some stuff let me know, I just want something to play/learn with. I know its older, but then I would have something.

Email or PM me.

Its so ironic. There is a Ford Assembly plant near me that continues (or up to recently) to buy automation with *NEW* 1771 I/O and PLC 2/30s and here is someone sending it to its grave. Of course AB has been ratcheting up the price of obsolete equipment but it doesn't seem to bother the plant.

The plant doesn't (or didn't) want the expense of replacing all of the electricians T30 programming terminals or training them to use RSLogix.

Found a home!

Thanks to the guys here on this site, the bulk of my PLC stuff will not get sent to the landfill. I have found a home for almost all of it and I will be contacting all of you who have made requests with the info you will need to proceed. Again, thank! You guys rock! beerchug

a thank you ...

Greetings to all,

this is just a note to thank Randy for all of the free equipment he bestowed on me … I’ve been checking it out and all of it is working perfectly … and best of all, it was CLEAN when I got it … most of the time when you’re lucky enough to get your hands on some free PLC equipment, you expect to spend quite a lot of time just de-crudding it … the stuff that Randy was giving away looked NEW …

so thanks again, Randy … and let me know if there’s anything that I can ever do to help you out … I owe you one (or more) …

My pleasure!

Glad you are having good results with the equipment, Ron. It is good to have it in a place that will put it to good use. I sure hated the idea of having it in the land fill. I will keep my eyes open for any other "freebees" that may be out there.
:site:

I remember buying one of those cards for $970.00 Cdn. There are so many plants with that 'stuff' installed today.

Trying to get 'up to snuff' with SLC 500 equipment.

Have any of those? Ron, send me some of your A/B junk, I don't have 'nothin'.

Johnny
Not here for a bit, but for a byte