7 segment

REZAR

Guys, have u ever use 7 segment led for displaying error code?
please give me reference wich maker should i use...
great thanks to all...

Few years back used some VERY LARGE Omron 7 segment displays. Drove them from a transistor card. Used the 7SEG instruction in the PLC.

thanks BobB,
how about if iam searching for "ready to use" 7 segment, i mean i only use 4 output(4bit bcd) from plc and direct connect to it.

but i had search it on the web for 4 hours for nothing.

so ithink if you said u drove it, it means you need an ic and pcb and another 5vdc power supply, is it correct?

( sorry for my english, i am educationless for it )

I used a 7447 type chip for a 7 segment driver, a few years back. I think it was a 74LS47, or some derivative (74HC47, etc.) I really don't remember exactly.

Look up "74LS47 datasheet" (no quotes in search box) on a decent search engine and see if that's what you're looking for.

No Rezar, drove it ditect from a PLC transistor output card. I am not sure if they are available any more. The displays were large and able to be seen from a distance in a factory environment.

Can only suggest you check with your local Omron distributor to see if they are still available. Unable to find them on the US website.

Whether you have a Seven-Segment Instruction or not, you can drive seven outputs to seven lights or seven light-clusters to display the number.

You can get a ready-made digit display from almost anywhere. If you want to build your own... any size, drive a set of lights for each segment.

Thanks a lot guys,
BobB, i cant find kind of it from omron either.

Terry Woods, i understand the 7 out for the 7 legs of 7segment.
but i mean, i wish to control the 7segment by 4 out from plc (using 7seg coder command in plc, (0001;0010;0011;0100;etc)), it means i can decrease output card for plc.
yes, i can find kind of 7segment for high school job, anywhere. kind of hand made digital time watch as i made when i junior high school.
but i guess its not professional enough, for company made.

checking telemecanique, please more clear for XUD parts, cant find them.

Google-in for BCD 7 segment display come up with this product and this plans to build your own.

Also I think there was a thread on this forum of a BCD decoder made out from relays. How much space do you have?? ;)

I used one from Klockner Moeller many years back, sorry no reference numbers. Do a search, or call the rep - you will get it.