Opc

• Thread starter omararistotleorozco
  • Start date

omararistotleorozco

O
What is OPC?

What are the different OPC servers?

What are the things you must consider if you want to communicate using OPC to OPC?

I believe "OPC" is a rap song from a group in the mid-nineties called "Naughty by Nature"

OOps, that's "OPP"

What is "OLE for Process Control" Alex?

P.S. Read the text book...that's what you bought it for.

P.S.S. Are you in the same class as "Chauhanrasikendra"?

Last edited:
I can't resist....

OLE is the middle of the name of a country music landmark in Tennesee. The full name of which is "The Grand Ole Opry"

Of course, speaking in terms of an acronym, it stands for "Object Linking and Embedding" which means the ability of one windows application,(ie Excel) to talk to another Windows sanctioned program(ie Maximo) and to be able to pass information back and forth between the two.

So what have we learned so far? That OLE enables programs to communicate information to each other, and that OPC means "OLE for Process Control"

Do you see where this is going?

SO...OPC is a standard which enables process control programs (ie RSLogix5 or RSView) to communicate with Windows (or Mac)applications (such as Excel).
Very useful in applications where you have a lot of "Tags" to create and would rather use a spreadsheet than constantly clicking the "create new tag" button.

I'm hopeful that somebody on this forum may have a more in depth explanation for you. I just covered the basics.

"You down with OPC?" :nodi: