Dam it, its dead again!

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've killed an ID Pro wire marking system and now our latest IDPal is dead!

Its 18 month old and have gone through about 20 label tape cassettes.

Is there a better product for the price?

Pierre,

We're always having problems with the Brady products. We recently went with Kroy, they're pretty reliable and the tape cartridges are alot easier to handle (alot like a Dymo).
I'm sorry I don't have a link, but they should be easy to find...just google 'em.

Voltimus said:
We're always having problems with the Brady products...

That's it with me. I fugure I spent in less than 2 years about 4 time the price of the printer in cartridges.

Whent to another local supplyer and he had a new Thomas&Bett XL-Printer thing in stock.

ID-PAl was $230 / can. and the new T&B I can get for $215 ... I'll give it a try.

The cartridge are also about $10 less.

We'll see banghead

I like the Kroy because you can print about 20 tags on one "heat shrink type" ribbon and cut them off at your leisure, you don't waste every other tag to the damn Brady trying to line up to print.

Funny, my IDPal is working fine. For wire marking, I use Brady Labelmark, small labels and sleeves and a thermal transfer printer. Take it with me and hook it up to the laptop. Works fine.