Status bit

mrdmrd

One of the techs that I work with is trying to tell me that a bunch of outputs are being shut down at the same time due to the status bit S:1/15 (First Scan) going true in the middle of a run. Now the only thing that that can cause this as far as I know is switching the processor to run mode and if it is already in run mode and the power is cycled. Is there any other thing that can cause the first scan bit to go true once the processer is in run mode and has been running fine with no issues for days and days and days. If it is cycling this bit I think we have a little bigger problem on our hands.

It is possible to set the bit from within ladder, or from an HMI.
I've done this during start ups to re-configure I/O cards on the fly.
So check and ensure nothing is writting to the bit, has anyone made any recent edits?
If not, then maybe you have hard ware issues. I would check/replace the power supply as a starting point.

Ken

Last edited: