Programming languages

Sir:
1) I am interested in Air conditioning equioment plc's such as Johnson and Siemens controllers
2) At present I command these controllers using proprietary commands for each manufacturer
30 I have backround with C++ and VB
4) What are common programming languages used for PLC programming

FB, SFC, boolean, ladder. Depends what your PLC supplier sells in support of their product. The Europeans tend to only sell IEC software. Most of the rest of the world use any or all types of programming tools.
There are some PLCs on the market that support C and other languages of that type. Check with your PLC supplier. beerchug