SLC 5/04 Modbus connectivity

Hi,
Can anyone suggest me which prosoft module should I use in 1746 Chassis for getting connectivity with Modbus device? And how to configure the same (Like Module id number, seetings in G file and configuration ladder etc).

Thnx,
--Rahul.

Prosoft offers a number of modules.
The MVI56-MCM and MVI56-MCMR are MODUBUS Master/Slave modules;
the MVI56-MBP is for MODBUS PLUS;
the MVI56-MNET is for MODBUS TCP/IP (ethernet).

The manual for the module should provide you with the ID #, M-file and G-file settings.

The Prosoft module to use in a 1746 chassis is the 3150-MCM.
The manual is pretty good and should be sufficient to help you through all the configuration.
You can even copy and paste the ladder that comes along with the module into your program and then modify it to suit your application. Good luck

OOPS! I was looking in the wrong column in the PROSOFT book, I gave you CLX module numbers. The last poster gave you the correct number. My humble apologies.

Actually the latest and greatest is a MVI46-MCM. I just integrated one with a 5/04 actually. It's a bit of a learning curve, but not too bad.

Greg

Thank you everybody.
Ashley, Can you post the link for the module you have suggested so that I can download it's manual and go through it before I go for buying the same.
Waiting for your prompt reply.
Thnaks.

--Rahul.

Thank you everybody. I have gone through both the manuals : 3100/3150-MCM as well as that of MVI46-MBP. Also, prosoft has confirmed both can be used with SLC-5/04 for modbus connectivity. But, I could not decide which to select? Is there anyone who can help me picking up any of the module with suitable differences between those two.

Thanks
--Rahul.

Haven't used the MVI46-MCM so cannot comment on the differences.
If cost is one of your considerations then the 3150-MCM is less expensive than the MVI46-MCM.

Be careful and specify exactly which flavor of Modbus you need. Be certain you are getting Modbus, Modbus Plus, or Modbus/TCP according to your actual needs.

I recommend using the MVI46 series modules as they are based on a newer hardware platform. Prosoft will do all of their future development on the "MVI" hardware.

The example programs available free with the Prosoft products are very good. I usually begin with those and simplify them until I have only the functions I need for my project.