s_viswesh

Hi,

Is the IEC61131 standard on PLC programming available online
or the document needs to be purchased?
Any easy to follow web site on this?

regards
Viswesh

It is a rip off, but what can you do?

You need to purchase it. It is a rip off as the document is a scanned document and therefore has no links or out line like the good .pdf documents do.

The specification also has flaws or holes. After reading it you will see why each manufacturer will implent the specification in a different way.

Hi,

Small error in my prev. post.
IEC61131-3 (part 3) costs US$176 not the entire IEC61131 document. There are totally 8 parts to this document.

regards
Viswesh

A small, somewhat off the subject, rant. If national and international standards organizations wish to really expand the use of standards, then the standards specifications themselves should be free, if uploaded from the internet or for only the printing costs. The organizations should be supported by those wanting the standardization and/or those wishing to claim conformance to the standard.