S7 MPI communication to S7-315-2DP

userxyz

Hi,

I have a little problem.

We recently have a new Field PG. This new one works perfectly, I installed simatic net on that PG and also our old one (a PG 740 PIII).

After I installed simatic net and I did some testing with the PC station configurator, simatic crashed a few times.

When I monitor in Lad in a FB for example, it cut its connection after a few secs; I can retry, it works, but not for long. I get the fault message, that the connection is lost and that I should check the PG/PC settings, or there is a short circuit in the cable ( I tried other cables) or something is communicating with the same port...

I removed simatic net, but the problem remains, should I reinstall simatic, or is there something else braking my connection ?

When I look in PG/PC diagnostics, (it's 187,5kb/s, highest node = 31 and not a master), I can find the station,

Is the port broke, or should I reinstall simatic, or what can I do, please help...

Greetz

Have you tried other S7 PLC's to communicate with? I had something similar happen to me but it was only one CPU (315DP) and shortly afterward it failed and was replaced and the problem disapeared.

Personally i would reinstall Step7 as it is possible although uninstalled that there are elements of simatic net still present in Step 7 from Integration on Installation.

In set PG/PC Interface there is diagnostics for the CP Card in the PG - Run them and Check it out.

Hope this is some help to you

Steve

Combo,

1. What are the settings in Set PG/PC interface ?

2. Is there an icon in the taskbar that looks like a small PC (station konfigurator) ?
If so, click on it and check that there are nothing installed in any of the "indexes". If there is something installed, try to remove (with "delete") everything (except index 125 !) and see if it cures the problem.

3. Does the problem also appear when you go online via the old PG740 ?