Citect S7 Ethernet Comms

riderx

Hi Guys
I thought you might be able to help me out on this one

I am trying to establish Ethernet comms between a Siemens S7-300 PLC fitted with a CP343-1 and Citect Version 6 . I have loaded and configured the Siemens Softnet Software Package V6.2 as per the instuctions set out in the white paper supplied by Citect "Configuration of a S7 connection via Industrial Ethernet with Simatic Net Ver 6.1" .I have still not been able to establish comms to Citect.

I belive the Siemens software & the hardware are configured correctly as I am able to Ping the module & run diagostics from the siemens software succesfully.Stopping & starting the Comms module can also be achieved.

Citect produces a fault on the hardware page at run time of "PLC I/O server Offline "

Is there any other configuration that needs to thake place on the Siemens comms module besides the IP address & the Subnet mask?

Any help would be greatly recieved

riderx

I would suggest you contact Citect support. They are excellent.

Also search the Citect Q & A database that comes with the package. It is excellent.

Also suggest you join the Citect users list. Just people using Citect asking and answering questions. Many of the replies come from very experienced Citect staff from all over the world as well as very experienced Citect users about all sorts of PLC and DDC platforms.

Excellent service.

Sorry I cannot help you further but I do not use either Siemens or Ethernet.

Hello,

Normally if you follow the guide to the letter the communication should work.

Also the fault you are getting is not actually a driver fault but an io-server fault witch on his part should run the driver.

I think you just need to run the computer setup and all the things shoud start working. make shure that that the check "this computer is an io-server" is checked

Hope this helps, and if you need further assistance let us know.

Greetz,

Marsupilami

Thanks guys for your input.

Rechecked all my comms settings in Citect and found one of them to be incorrect

Regards

riderx

as i am also nee of
Configuration of a S7 connection via Industrial Ethernet with Simatic Net Ver 6.1"whitepaper material can I get it from you?
or where can i get it?

thanks guys for your input.

Rechecked all my comms settings in citect and found one of them to be incorrect

regards

riderx

""""" can you share the details, where was the mistake. I am also getting "io server offline"