Recommend me a brand of touch screen/touch panel/Touch PC

ckchew666

Hi,

I'm looking for a touch screen or touch PC (PC with built in touch screen) or which ever cheaper.

My application: We've develop a program running in Win 2K or XP, rather than using mouse to navigate or execute the program, customer need a touch screen to be installed (no mouse & keyboard). It does not to be an Industrial graded. There is something similar from Advantech TPC, but I'm wondering if there is any other options?

I guess the cheapest will be installed a touch screen on a normal PC, am i right?

Thx

I've found Noax to be a good touchscreen as well they are very rugged and have handled a high wasdown work area.

Thx for all the replies & feedback. I'll chk them out. Which is the best brand/model to go for if I jst need a touch screen, connecting to my CPU. I think getting a touch screen itself if cheaper than getting a touch screen with built in PC, rite? Price is a factor here :(

We are using both Nortech 18" and Computer Dynamics(GE Fanuc owned company) 18" and 15" touch screen computers. I feel that the computer dynamics is the better unit hands down. It is half the price of the Nortech, and has many more ports for communication. Only down side it that the case is hard to open. The Nortech case has two clips and it hinges open. We have a few screen only models as well, they were much lower in cost compared with the touch screen computer models. Our Nortech units were about $6000, and the Computer Dynamics were about$3500 for the 18" $2500 for the 15". I think the screen only units were in the $1000 range. *All funds in US dollars*

Regards,

Charlie

Last edited:
For just the monitor, we use ELO touch screens and then a normal PC. We have found them to be the cheapest and we have not had a problem yet. We have had some on the floor running for about 4 years now in a metal fab and griding area (not grinding booth). They make NEMA 4 and none rated screens. Also most of the other brands will use ELO for their touch components, so why not go straight to ELO for the monitor too. The web site is www.elotouch.com. We used to use XYCOM industrial PC with touch screens, but the cost was quit a bit higher and the industrial PC did not last any longer (in our environment) then a normal PC.