ABB & Automation

eng_muslim

how is ABB in Automation field,i iwsh some one help me in this and is it has it's own plc's and scada systems?i visit them site but i need more information in details pls and the advantage and disadvantage of it's devices and softwares.
thnx in advance

ABB are making some interesting advances in object technology on DCS platforms. Especially after buying Alfa Laval Automation. They also have a great deal of process engineering knowledge.

As for whether I'd use their PLC's? Definitely not.

What particular ABB equipment are you enquiring about? They have a huge portfolio so please be a bit more specific.

Best Regards

Excellent point, Vin. Do you mind if I add some details?

The latest ABB programming software is a CoDeSys package. If you're familiar with that software or IEC-61131, you're going to have an easier time learning to use ABB.

The hardest part, for me, in learning to use ABB was setting up communication to the processor, and documentation. I struggled with the communication a lot because many of the products use special cables and require that you run a super-charged communication driver as a service in order to get online. But that's not much different from what you get with RSLogix and RSLinx.

I liked ABB's function block programming. But, their ladder diagram is VERY limited. In fact, later versions of the software don't even support ladder. That's what keeps them from getting sold here in the US. We like our ladder logic!

AK

thnx 4 all,what about the other automation products like drive,servo motors,... pls help me cus may be i will be traines there this summer
thanx in advance