Mits FR-E drive control via RS485

waynes

Good morning/ afternoon/ evening all!

A client of mine is looking for a cheaper alternative to start, stop, adjust speed, etc. via the RS485 port found on the front of a Mits FR-E500 drive.

Has anyone attempted this?

I have had a look at the setup. There is a function block in GX IEC Developer which allows for the connection of 31 addressable nodes, all this using a standard RS485 BD card. The max speed though, is only 19200bps. The obvious question would be whether or not the drives would react to a stop/ start command, quick enough.

I will still use some safety relays/ contactors to react immediately on an emergency stop.

Just wanted to throw a line out there to see if someone has successfully implemented such a system? :)