GE FANUC series one

• Thread starter omararistotleorozco
  • Start date

omararistotleorozco

O
1.What is the compatible programming software for this PLC?

2.What is the communication cable use to program this PLC?

Look at the actual model number of the CPU, it should look something like GE610CPU10xx. The 'xx' will be a number followed by a letter. If the number is a 5 or a 6 then AutomationDirect.com will have the appropriate hardware and software.

If and only if the number is a 5 or 6 then the parts you will need are:

PC-PGM305 (or PC-PGMSW, depending on whether you want to program just the Series One family or all AutomationDirect PLCs, respectively)

D3-232-DCU

D3-DSCBL-2

If the part number is anything but a 5 or 6, then you may well be out of luck unless you can find a local GE supplier who still has Logicmaster and is willing to help you out.

icky,

The AD cross reference shows the 104, 105, & 106 crossing to the 330?

Which is wrong? Your post above, or the cross reference?

Neither is wrong. The 330 is a physical replacement for all three Series One CPU models listed, but DirectSoft32 won't program the CPU104.

The CPU104 was known as the Series One Model E (enhanced). After they came out with the Series One Plus (CPU105, 700 or 1700 words of memory and CPU106 3.7 kwords), they goosed the processor and enhanced the instruction set of the original Series One and called it the Series One Model E.

When TI took over distribution in 1989, they pretty much abandoned the CPU104, and CPU105 models. There was a period of time when both GE and TI were offering the product. This was for a few months before GE came out with the 90-30. Even after the introduction of the 90-30, for a while, there were a few gaps in the catalog of I/O modules where a Series One could be a better choice.

Steve is absolutely correct. Directsoft can only program the 105 and 106 models. For a 104 or prior, the old GE Logicmaster software was the only software that could program them directly.

hi icky182,

where can i find this software? and the cable that comes with it.

hope to hear from u soon.

Here's what I would recommend:

Find a local person who has the necessary hardware and software to upload the program from your existing CPU104. Hire that person to come in and do the upload and make you a copy of the Logicmaster One xxxxx.lad file (xxxxx = the program name).

You purchase an Automation Direct D3-350 CPU module, PC-PGM-305 software, and cable D2-DSCBL or D3-DSCBL-2. The Automation Direct software can import the file from Logicamster and you can download the converted program to the new CPU module.

The biggest disadvantage to Logicmaster One software, assuming you can obtain a copy, is that it is a DOS application and it has problems running on newer computers with current operating systems.

He should not use a D3-350 unless he is wanting to do a complete rewrite. A D3-340 would be a better choice.

Logicmaster is the only software that can read and write directly to a GE610CPU104. As has been stated, GE no longer makes this software, you will have to try and find a distributor or other party who still has this.

The D3-350 has a vastly different program architecture than the D3-330 and D3-340. It is based on the newer DL405 instruction set, so the mnemonics are completely different as is the slot addressing.

So no, importing won't help a lot if you are going to a D3-350 as it will be a complete rewrite of the program.