Where can I get Infos on this controller?

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to find some infos on this controller.

Must not be popular enough to make it in Google. Or to old?

I was told its a PCS 6382

The guy told me he had a "programmer" and the model was reversed on it i.e. 8263 or 6283?

I was told its an "Intelligent Loop Processor"

I was told its made by Eurotherm

I'd like to have something before I get to this farr away place :)

From distant picture it looke like a loop controler 1/4 DIN and there are 3 of them in linked together.

Tancks in advance!

Pierre,

I looked around myself and could not locate anything that fits PCS or 8263 or 6382 etc..Not even close.

What I did find is this: http://www.eurotherm.com/lit/
On the bottom of that page there's a link for docs on obsolete stuff..still no match to your part/model numbers. My guess is your getting the info 2nd hand and something got lost or mixed up on the way....

Hmmm, that's a tough one, Pierre...

Accourding to THIS page, it "is possible to replace S6000 controllers (635X 636X 6366 638X 643X etc) to T640 or T630 models"

So hopefully, THIS info about the T640 might be helpful?... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. If you swap the [/COLOR] and [/I] tags, your sig might work... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Tomorrow i will drive down there to see what are the real numbers... on that thing.

The plant operator gave them to me on the phone... I guess I have to see it with my own eyes.

Eric, what key words did you use to find the first link?

Pierre said:
Eric, what key words did you use to find the first link?

I first searched for eurotherm 6382, and on the second page of hits, the second link down is titled "Chapter 3 S6000 FUNCTION BLOCKS". The link is dead, but thankfully, Google caches pages, so clicking the 'cached' link got me most of the original page. That tipped me off that the 6382 is in the S6000 series, so I then searched for S6000 eurotherm in hopes of finding out about the S6000 series. The link I gave is the 7th hit.

It took me less time to find that link than it took to write the above paragraph... ;)

beerchug

-Eric