AutoCAD Question

GregPLC

Howdy everyone, I have a quick AutoCAD question. Is there a way to transfer my AutoCAD settings from one computer to another which would include my toolbar settings etc... Is there a file of some sort where I can export these setting and re-import them into another installation?

TIA,

Greg

AutoCad Menu

All of your customized toolbars and such is contained in the menu file. If you type MENU on the command line it will open a dialog box showing the location for the current menu file. If you copy that file (ex. ACAD.MNS, ACAD.MNC) onto the other computer then your toolbars will transfer. On the new machine you may need to type menu and then select the menuname.MNS file. DO NOT select the menuname.MNU file because this will recompile from the original and overwrite your custom toolbars.

Good luck.

Hi Greg Just want to let you know that if you are actually using AutoCAD LT your profile transfer options are very much limited. You can save and transfer some information, but to do a full profile transfer you must have FULL AutoCad.

Also, there are some really smart guys at the link gbradley provided. Just remember there is a SEARCH feature there (just like here). Some questions get beat to death by brand new first time posters. Anytime you have an AutoCAD question, SEARCH first - then ask.

The more you try to help yourself first, the better your experience with them will be. I think that is also a universal truth.

Actually it is for AutoCAD Electrical, I should have been more specific, but I assumed it was the same for ACE2005 and AC2005. In ACE2005, to another ACE2005 machine to transfer settings/toolbars simply remove the "support" folder and copy it in from your first machine. I don't remember the exact drill down in the file structure, but the support folder is in your autodesk folder, about 7 or 8 folders deep. I ended up calling our local support on this product, and that's where they pointed me.

Thanks,

Greg