Wonderware help ASAP

mrdmrd

Hello everyone

Quick question, I am kind of still getting a hang for wonderware. I am trying to make a screen popup when B3:5/9 goes true (AB SLC 5/05 btw)does anybody know how to make this happen. Any help at all please.

Dave

I'm learning wonderware also. The biggest problem I have is not knowing how to type in what you discussed. Like 'tagname=1', etc. I'm not sure if that would even be right. Is there a manual or anything which explains the language to be used for scripting?

Thanks,
Bob

The manual you are looking for is called InTouch Users Guide in PDF. Look under the chapter Creating QuickScripts in InTouch. InTouch’s scripting syntax resembles C.

Sorry for the delay guys...

To answer your question regarding scripting here is an example of a condtion script I use to popup a particular alarm panel based on the node name of the HMI computer or the view an operator is looking at. This allows dedicated HMI's to always display alarms in a particular area and other HMI's to display the alarms if they are viewing a particular process area at the time they occur.

Image1.jpg

The way this works is first a comparison is made. If (Nodename=="8Control" Or Alarmgrp=="Alarms8")

The first thing to notice is the double = used to compare. A single = would set Nodename to 8Control rather than check to see if it is true.
Secondly notice the parenthesis inclosing the or comparison. This causes this part of the "equation" to be evaluated and solved first before the AND Alarms8_UnAck tag is evaluated.

Since this script is an ON CONDITION TRUE script it executes once and performs the instructions in the script section.

Hope this helps,

Dave