RSView32 Graphics display in runmode

mulderm

Hello,

I have in RSView32 build a graphic-display with
a lot of attributes and buttons.
Problem is that when I use the Run-mode there is no
a full window of the graphic display on my screen.
So I can´t see some of the buttons on my screen.
How can I set a full screen of my display by Run-mode?

Greetings,

mulderm

mulderm,
There are several parameters that control the size of each screen. I am making some guesses here. I ASSUME that you are trying to get your FIRST graphic screen to display at the MAXIMIZED (Full Screen) size. Is this correct? If so, here is how I have done it before.

1. Create a "dummy" screen that is the first one loaded. This screen's only function is to give you a place to put a program line which refers to the NEXT screen.

2. On the dummy screen (call it "0_Start" for example), click on "Edit", "Display Settings", "Behavior". Then under the Commands menu, Startup, enter following commands: 1_Main/Max;ActivityBarOn;Abort Me. The "1_Main" is the name of the screen that you want to start Maximized.

3. Save the dummy screen, with the Startup command as shown above. The rest of the screen can be blank, or whatever you want. It will only flash by on your display.

So these commands tell RSView to load a screen called "1_Main", then maximize it to full size, then turn on the Activity Bar at the bottom of "1_Main", then Abort the current "0_Start" dummy screen. You may substitute your own screen names for these example names. Notice that you can add the " /MAX" command to the end of any DISPLAY command. For example, suppose you have a pushbutton on a screen that calls up another screen called "2_Main_Oxidizer". Then under "ANIMATION", "Touch" for that button, under "Press Action:" you could enter "ABORT ME";"DISPLAY 2_Main_Oxidixer /MAX", which says to close the current screen, then open the 2_Main_Oxidizer screen, and make it full size.

Last edited:
Hello Lancie1,

I have tried your example but it doesn't work by me.
When I starting in the run-mode the graphic '0_Start'
then I've got a message on the status bar: 'Command or macro 1_Main/Max is unknown.
I use RSView32 Version 6.5.

mulderm

It works!!!

I was forgotten the Display command.
One question:
How can I close the Run project so I can normally
return to the RSView32 screen?

Many thanks,

mulderm

mulderm said:
It works!!!

I was forgotten the Display command.
One question:
How can I close the Run project so I can normally
return to the RSView32 screen?

Many thanks,

mulderm

<ctrl><alt><P> brings up the project window, allowing you to stop the project

Usually the easiest way to make sure that you can see all of a display is to edit its properties and check the "Size to main window at runtime" box. There is sometimes a problem with a change in the aspect ratio of your carefully-drawn graphics but it's normally acceptable.

Ctrl-Alt-P (usually a sure sure sign that someone's been on the course, Gerry!) can be disabled; open a command line, use the wizard and select the "Project" command folder. There are several commands which will get you out of a running system, use whichever you think is best.

Not only are there courses but some instructors would be very willing to hold course near you. (How about Eden Park, July 9th);)