PVPlus 700, RSView Studio Upload

Unregistered

U
I have uploaded a PV700 runtime application (extension .mer), but I don't have the project nor documentation.
Is there any way to retrieve *.mer file into a project?

You need to contact the original developer of the project and get them to send you the *.apa file. You can then restore this and make your changes etc.

All you can do with the *.mer file is download it into another PanelView.

Originally posted by mgvol:

No, for some reason Rockwell did not deem it useful to actually decompile the *.mer.

Neither does Borland or Microsoft when dealing with executables and C. Why does this seem so odd?

Keith

Panelmate.. (Eaton, Modicon and now Cutler hammer) have import features on it..hell if you can complie it what not de compile it..This si good to know becouse i just created a PV+ program..i always assumed if i hooked into the PV i could pull the program from it...Now where did i put that program disk??

The main reason that users expect to be able to convert a runtime into a project is that the old PanelView Standard terminals had that function. A-B kept so many of the PV Standard features in the PV+ (even the stupid DCE serial port) that it's not unusual to expect the old PVA -> PBA conversion to work.

You can break apart a *.MER file and recover much of the graphical display info, but it will be a few revisions before you can actually re-create the original RSView ME project from the runtime file.

It might be good practice to leave a CompactFlash card in the PV+ unit with the RSView ME archive file and the related controller and network files.

Last edited:
Ken,
I know this is a bit off target with the thread that is running, but what Memory Card do you use with the PanelView Plus models ?

I have the Databook cards (eg: 2711-NM12) for the older PanelViews, ATA Cards for the newer (FRN > 3.0) PanelViews. What card do I need to use with the new (to me) PanelView Plus ?

Thanks, Tim.

Rick,

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what hardware do I need to be able to read the contents of the card into my PC ?

Thanks again, Tim.