PLC output toggle

rrangaprasad

Hey all,
I'm an absolute beginer in PLC stuff.

All i want is the PLC-5 to produce an output change evry second, i.e., every second the output has to toggle between 1 and 0.

I have written a Visual basic code that performs a function, based on the change of a particular output from PLC.

My question is:
(1) how do i write the ladder logic for the toggling in PLC-5 using RS logix 5

(2) How do i connect the output to the VB program. I know, in Excel i can just copy the output (put in clipboard) using RS Linx and from excel, just select paste link and it is done. But, not sure in VB.

Any help wd be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Ranga

Here's one way to toggle an output just change B3:0/2 to your output address:
timer1.jpg

Can't help with the 2nd part.

edit:
sorry for the fuzzy photo, it was only 49k, but couldn't upload because of the new? width restrictions, had to really knock down the resolution to make it fit the width requirement.

Last edited:
Will try it out

Thanks for all your responses.
This site is great. will frequent.

I will try your suggestions out and post if i encounter further problems.

ranga

"Icomchan" and "Icomwdrv" from RSDoran's macro attachment

With the help from this forum, i finished the first part, i.e., to chnage the output toggle every second.

Now, as far as second part, i am trying to understnad RSDoran's attachment on VB macros.

(1) what is "Icomchan" and "Icomwdrv"? coz' i'm not exactly sure what they are? if i know that maybe i will understand the concept and proceed from there.

(2) Also "testsol" is the DDE topic created in the RSLinx and "data" is just a variable name, right?

thanks
ranga

1 - Icomchan is a temporary variable used to hold the channel number set up by the DDEInitiate command. It is used as a reference in doing the data communication and finally in terminating the channel.

Icomwdrv was the external communicaation program (from ICOM). You will be using RSLinx and will substitute its DDE name for this. I don't know what that is, look in its documentation.

2 - Yes and Yes