Medoc On Xp

T&MMTE

Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell me the fix when running medoc for dos under the XP enviroment. The window opens in half the screen. This compress's the fonts and make it difficult to work with. Can it be fixed. I have GX Developer but need to talk to older F1's and F2's ect. Thanks?

Last edited:
I find that Medoc behaves differently with different graphics cards under NT based systems. In full screen mode it works perfectly on my Dell Optiplex machine but has the same behaviour as you describe on my Dell Latitude notebook. The problem can be resolved by keying into the working area of a ladder and using Alt-h to expand the screen. The graphics can, however, get mixed up again for no apparent reason so I tend to run Medoc in a window on this machine.

I use medoc 2.30
you need to run the command line, medoc e3f12
that allows the comms etc to work under 2000 and XP.
once inside the working ladder use Alt H to expand the screen

Andybr said:
I find that Medoc behaves differently with different graphics cards under NT based systems. In full screen mode it works perfectly on my Dell Optiplex machine but has the same behaviour as you describe on my Dell Latitude notebook. The problem can be resolved by keying into the working area of a ladder and using Alt-h to expand the screen. The graphics can, however, get mixed up again for no apparent reason so I tend to run Medoc in a window on this machine.
Hi Dave..

Many thanks for the advice on Medoc. I tried the dos command and it work perfectly. I am starting Medoc under the windows command prompt and manually typing in the command line and switches. Is this correct or have you managed to create a batch file to run from your desktop. doesn't matter if not cos it works well and thats all that matters. Your the man!!

Big Dave said:
I use medoc 2.30
you need to run the command line, medoc e3f12
that allows the comms etc to work under 2000 and XP.
once inside the working ladder use Alt H to expand the screen
Hi Dave..

Many thanks for the advice on Medoc. I tried the dos command and it work perfectly. I am starting Medoc under the windows command prompt and manually typing in the command line and switches. Is this correct or have you managed to create a batch file to run from your desktop. doesn't matter if not cos it works well and thats all that matters. Your the man!!

No problem
I've never bothered with batch files or anything. Its quite easy to type with switches.
Mitsubishi said it would never work so I had to prove them wrong again :)

Medoc under NT/W2K/XP.

I have used Medoc on NT based systems almost exclusively since NT3.5. Now you have resolved your display problems you may find the following couple of tips useful:-

Printing. - You may have problems printing directly from Medoc. Try changing the printer output settings to print to a file and set the character set to English. Once you have finished the "print" open the file in Word, select the whole document and change the font to a fixed width type such as Lucida Console (I use 8 point). Remove any unwanted headers, enter manual page breaks to avoid page changes in mid rung and you will find that you can vastly reduce the size of printouts for large programmes as well as improving their quality.

Provided that you do not try to go online to a PLC you will find that you can now run multiple instances of Medoc in separate windows. This is incredibly useful if you need to compare different versions of a programme or manually copy from one programme to another. This is remarkably stable considering that it could not possibly have been designed into the software.