Ok Ethernet Gurus!

Mtn_Bkng_Dave

Does anybody have experience with a Bruker Optics FT-NIR and transmitting quant results to a PLC via Ethernet/IP? I am going to interface this system to my fractionation process and need to be able to make control decisions based on the distillate composition analytical results.

Using a ControlLogix processor (L61) with Ethernet/IP.

Pipe in here Ken.......this is all you! :)

Dave

I don't see any technical information regarding interfacing to the FT-NIR on Bruker Optics' website. What makes you think their analyzer has EtherNet/IP protocol at all ?

I have a bad feeling that they've told you that the analyzer supports "Ethernet", not knowing anything about the protocols used in the industrial market.

Ethernet Support

Ken,

I just got some info in from the factory.....

I can send reports via DDE to another device. I wonder if RSLinx Pro will do the trick?

I'm currently using Wonderware ABTCP but its not really configurable for other topics other than what Wonderware is looking for.

I may send it into my Intouch node and do all the stripping and extracting there and then send the raw data down to the PLC.

They sell a nifty package to do it but it operates on Modbus so they say.

This should be a fun one.......

Dave