S7 ProfiBus DP-Slave Access

SNK

People,

I am attempting to find the useage of a DP-Slave Timer module in an S7-400 system. The address is node 7, and the address/diagnostic is listed as 16364. I would like to find the instances that the Slave is referred to in the program, and I cannot seem to locate this address anywhere in the program. I am familliar with AB systems, DNet, Enet etc, but this is new for me with the DP assingnment,

I have about 13 DP-Timer Slave modules in the system and can see that they are all assigned different node addresses, and different diagnostic addresses also.

Does anyone know where you would find the addresses for this unit in a S7-Program?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Hello, Kcarlen;

DP slaves are not referenced in the PLC program through their bus or diagnostics addresses (except for diagnostic OBs) but through the memory addresses attributed to them at configuration.
For example, open the Harware Configuration editor of Step 7, and click on any of the DP slaves configured.The bottom half of the editor will show you the different "modules" retained for each slave (either as Input or Output areas) and address ranges selected for them. You might see 256...259 as a 4 byte (2 word) range in thye Input zone. In such a case, try the Cross-references for addesses PIW256 and PIW258 (or PIB256, or PID256....) to find out where the user program accesses the data from the slave.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

You are awesome. I knew there was something that I was missing! Thanks a lot.
When you click on the properties window of the DP slave, I think that the addresses should show up here as well. What do you think....after all, the addresses are a Property of the DP slave in mention.

Thanks all.