SNP/X Float Analog Readings (Fanuc 90-30)

EnriqueH

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I’ve written a SNPX driver for our products. The SNPX has been easy to integrate.

The next issue I have is when I read in an analog input; I get a word (2 bytes, [LSB][MSB]) which the manuals states. But since I do not have the Fanuc software and don’t have the right hardware to read in analog inputs; I’ve no clue how the floating point are formatted in 16 bits. I’ve know of a non standard 16-bit floating point method that been derived from IEEE 32-bit standard called “short float”, but I’m not sure Fanuc 90-30 uses this floating point method.

Could someone can tell me how the floating points are encoded in Fanuc 90-30, or in SNP/X in general?

I appreciated any help you guys can give me. Thanks
[/font]

Similar Topics

Hi Folks, especially anyone who remembers the GE Fanuc 90-30. We've got one , and an old XP laptop , with a converter cable, and ECLiPS . We...
Replies
Views
Is there any documentation on GE FANUC SNP protocol with source codes and possibilites to read and write data on Versamax? Modbus is very limited...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to establish snp serial communication between GE Fanuc CPM-790 programmers port ( 15-pin, RS-485) using 4-wire connection. On the PC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to set the SNP ID on a GE Series 90 micro controller. I connect to the device in PME and when connected I am not able to edit...
Replies
Views
I pulled the power supply and first module to have a look at the CPU Chip I Read the Label "395-027C- 6.51" I "***-umed" that implied a revision...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom