DH-485 Resonable Application??

Unregistered

U
I'm currently in the process of installing an ABB robot on one of our older Die Cast Machines and having trouble deciding what hardware would be best. I've already updated the DCM from an old TI controller to a SLC 5/03 that I had laying around. I also had a RIO Scanner module so I plan on using that for coms between the robot and the DCM in addition to some Flex I/O in various places around the DCM, and a RIO Panelview 550. My problem is, I have a small DH-485 PV 300 Micro on the operators panel so I am already going to have the two nodes, I still need to com between the robot and a Trim Press(Micrologix 1200), I was if it was feasable to set the trim press up on the DH-485 network and go through the DCM 5/03 with minor programming to the RIO on the robot. I'm a little concerned about cycle time and data transfering time on the DH-485. My other alternative would be run wires to a Flex I/O unit and add a couple cards to the Micro 1200 which wouldn't make exchanging the trim press very easy? Anyone have any comments or concerns??