Wincc Error

userxyz

Hi,

I'm trying to set-up a Single-user project

But, I can't, I get the Error (HResult Error, 0x80004005: Unspecified error)

What can I do ?

Maybe this will help, or at least point you in a direction that can.

Q: Why do I receive an "HResult Error 0x80046127" when opening a SIMATIC WinCC V6 project ?

A: The HResult Error occurs if the security mode of the SQL-Server was changed from "Mixed Mode" to "Windows Authentication Only".

WinCC uses a SQL-Server-Login in order to establish a connection to the SQL-Database. If the security mode is changed to "Windows Authentication Only", WinCC can no longer access these databases.

The following steps show how to change the security mode of the SQL-Server to "Mixed Mode".

Setting up "Mixed Mode":
  1. Open the SQL Server Enterprise Manager via Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager.
  2. Extend the "SQL Server Group" positioned on the left side of the navigation window by clicking on the + symbol.
  3. Use the right mouse button to click on (<Computer name>\WinCC) and select Properties.
  4. Change to tab Security.
  5. Select Authentication > SQL Server and Windows.
  6. Confirm the requests to restart the SQL-Server.
  7. Now it is possible again to open projects with WinCC