Label Makers

wiley

For all you controls guys or technicians that do alot of labeling wires, what handheld label maker do you recommend.One that is good for labeling wires as well as putting on conveyors or machines to label the inputs and outputs. Model numbers would be great! We're ready to buy one.

I realy like my Bradey TSL2200 Thermal Printer. I have only used for wire markers but I imagin it would do fine for labels.

Bob

Edit Brady TLS2200

Last edited:
And I second the vote on the TSL2000...great machine...I also carry a Brother P-Touch for instant panel relabeling , version labels to put on the inside of panel doors,etc...even made one to put on the back of my truck that says" IF YOU STEAL FROM ME,YOU WILL DIE"...haven't lost anything out of the truckbed since I put it there...

We use to use the Brady ID Pro. It worked good for years but would smudge up on wire markers.

We just got the new Brady ID EXPERT. It is great. You have to pay more for each roll of heat shrink wire markers, but each label roll comes with new ink. You allways have perfect non-smudge printing. It is also a breeze to load printing media, it just pops in place. With the old ID PRO you had to hold your mouth just right to get it to load.

One other thing is you can get terminal strip markers and 2" tall laminated stickers. We now use it for heat shrink wire markers, terminal strip ID and warning tags / etc.

Of course it is small and would not take the place of a desk unit that could print hundreds of tags direct from your PC. We are a small shop so it works great for us.

I hve found that shrink tube and one of those indelible markers (sharpie ??)works great. Mark the tube before cutting and shrinking.

For those in Seattle Boeing Surplus is good source for shrink tube - when they have it -- kinda catch as catch can. Cant beat the price though

Dan Bentler

Use Brady ID Pro for general labels but not wire markers. Use Brady Labelmark software, sleeves, rolls of markewrs and thermal transfer printer for wire markers. Always have the laptop with me for PLC programming so it is not an impost to also carry the thermal transfer printer as well.

have brady id pro as well..works for one or two markers..But if you know your doing a whack load then label mark software (Model BRC-LMA) work excellent..I use it with the Brady jettab-28-117-3 labels.. They are self laminating 9 wide by 8 deep...72 labels in about 10 seconds...also has smart functions for indexing..

you also get 3000 labels in a box.. a box is about twice the price of the rolls (i believe you get about 150 or so on a roll)

Its not the best but it works well

I have used Brady printers for years and they were actually a pain in the A. I sold my last one on ebay not too long ago, still have several rolls of labels. I always hated trying to get the label(s) off without it moving and wasting a label or 2.

I use a plain Brothers label printer for generic things and this for wire etc: http://www.kroy.com/industrial/index.htm

We are on our 3rd Brady ID PAl, in the last couple of years. We took care of them they would just start printing funny, or stop feeding the tape.

We also use the Kroy. Can also have multiple lines on one label. The shrink tube cartridges are rather expensive at $20 per 100 inches, but others aren't cheap either.

THe Brady TLS 2200 Works great for me. I bought it used for $250.00 CN. A steal if you ask me. You can get all kinds of media to print on wit this thing and it hooks up to your PC with the correct software from Brady.
Great little printer.

Jeff Bakker

And another vote for the Brady TLS2200.

I used to use the Brady ID-pro, but I finally got tired of smudged labels and slow pringint. The TLS2200 was worth the money. It does heat-shrink wire labels, adhesive wire labels, panel labels, and also general purpose miscellaneous labels.

My panel builder uses this system and the panels look very nice.
http://www.asi-interconnect.com/products_and_solutions/ezmark_system/