Siemens - Selecting TCP/IP as the PG/PC interface on my laptop

I cannot find the option to select TCP/IP as the PG/PC interface to connect to PLC's over ethernet. Do I have to have Simatic NET or any other packages?

Windows XP
I have Step 7 Version 5.1 SP4
ProTool 5.0
CP5511, but that is for MPI/Profibus/PPP....etc

Thanks

I havent done the Ethernet with Siemens yet but its my understanding you need an communication processor on both ends...ie where you now use the CP5511 you would need either a CP1613, 1411 or 1511.

Look at the literature on Siemens site and let me know if this is incorrect.
http://www.sea.siemens.com/automat/product/net/ie/auielit.html

I am sure you will need another version of Simatic NET of similar to get the drivers needed for Ethernet.

I got the Net 98 version to install on XP. The softnet and COM S7 software were the programs needed. The software uses your existing ethernet card as an Ethernet CP. The cp 1511 is not needed. Oh and yes, your PLC rack has to have an Ethernet CP.