Scada program for Siemens S5

heineman

Is there anyone who knows a scada program to control a Siemens S5 PLC with a normal PC? Preferable a freeware package, thanks martin

I would like to know a free SCADA package too.
Until I find one I will continue to use Protool Pro which is relatively easy to program and relatively cheap too.
It is like a SCADA "lite", not the best choise for large projects, but OK for my uses.

It will work with S5 too.

I think Citect can do it.
It is free to download and program, and free to test on your PLC.
You can run it for 15 minutes at a time to test it and see if it works.
Once you are sure that it works, you can then fork out the big bucks for the dongle.
Check with Citect for pricing to see if it is in your range.

Doug

Doug_Adam said:
I think Citect can do it.
It is free to download and program, and free to test on your PLC.
You can run it for 15 minutes at a time to test it and see if it works.
Once you are sure that it works, you can then fork out the big bucks for the dongle.
Check with Citect for pricing to see if it is in your range.

Doug
Doug,

I'm sure Citect can do it. But I'm also sure Citect is not as free :D as Martin would like. But what can you get for free? This kind of programmes is not easy to develop and can not be used as widely as wordprocessing. So, if you want something good, you'll have to pay for it :confused: .

Kind regards,

Freeware HMI

Google for "VISUAL HMI"

It is free, runs under Linux and claims it can talk to S5

Unregistered said:
Google for "VISUAL HMI"

It is free, runs under Linux and claims it can talk to S5
Martin mentioned a 'normal PC' in his original post, I assumed he ment a PC running Micro$oft Window$.

Maybe there's also a Window$ version of this soft available / planned?

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre, is absolutly right. I wasn't complete enough but with a normal PC I ment a pc working with a Microsoft Windows version.
My problem is simple. I have bought some secondhand Siemens S5 PLC's just for hobby. I have a little bit of knowledge about PLC programming learned by playing around. It's not my education and not my proffesion, I'am a proces chemist. But want to do something completely different. So after a year try and error, I like to do something more with a PLC and bought a secondhand Pilz screen (see my other thread). However no manual for it and only the software. My idea was to make a protection alarm on my garage with a PLC and the Pilz screen in my house. But as long as I can't make the next step caused by a lack of knowledge of my Pilz screen, I thought lets do it with scada/hmi on a normal PC. However price or Linux brings me further and further from my objective