revisited : Jam detection V.2 RSLogix

stasis

thanks for all the suggestions from the previous posts...it's a learning process for me!

as far as the logic goes, I need to say that I've been in the field of industrial electrical for quite some time, so the comments of what/how to tie in an E-stop are not needed. It's the commands/instructions WITHIN RS that I need help with...

I've built & designed lots of systems, just never programmed anything more complicated than a Pico. I've only used RS for troubleshooting. In fact, as stated before, this position was held by someone else...he decided to quit & it (the position) was forced on me. That said, here is a redo of the jam detection program, complete with comments. Feel free to rip this one up as well!

thoughts

Rung 1 B3:3/2 has no coil
Rung 4 will unlatch O:0/0 but what`s going to happen to your timers and relays in rung 3? Is your light going to stay on?

thanks for pointing out that I didn't change the addressing of the bit!

As far as the light, it should stay on until a reset command is given...or at least that's what I'm shooting for. Here is the corrected version.

And Thomas, the file with the timer/explanation was great...thanks for that.

ok

stasis what`s going to keep O:0/2 sealed in? Your unlatching run enable in rung 4 think about it. Is the analog signal your using not part of this machine?

ok...I see that now. DUH!!! I'll add a latch to hold that in until reset is engaged. Actually, this is a sub-system added into a machine. We currently use a circuit board device for this function.

This may be irrelevant so ignore if i am wrong..............

I dont know about the micrologix but what if the analogue condition goes open or short circuit or the analogue device fails?

Does the ML1000 latch a bit for this? ie range error ?

If so would you need to catch this in your ladder and take appropriate action ?

Only reason i ask is that on the slc's using say an NI8 you can do this.....

stasis,

It looks like you have got it under control now. Do a little clean-up, check your spelling in your comments, and delete all unused symbols from the Database. I noticed that you have TWO addresses for "High Speed Detection Enable" (B3/49, B3/50) and TWO also for the "PE3 Third Jam Sensor (I:0/2, I:0/3). I guess the extra ones are left over from editing and revising. Just go to the "Project" menu (tree-type menu at left of your screen), and then click on "Database", "Address/Symbol" and delete the unused addresses. Another method to delete unused addresses is to click on the "Tools" menu at the top, then "Database", and "Delete Unused Addr.". The last method has the disadvantage that you don't get to keep anything that might need to be left in, even though it is unused at the moment. This is not important for your project right now, but can be very crucial on a large project that is being revised.