Omron CQM1 Counters

CODDY

I am looking to communicate to a Omron CQM1 for the purpose of changing counters. We usually do this with the Data Access Console. I have purchased a CQM1-C1FO2 com cable with the intentions of developing a VB program to change the counters. Are there free programs already out there for this purpose? Where can I find documentation on Sysmac Way for this application? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a beginners code

This small VB app was supplyed to me by

David Wooden - Senior Software Engineer
Systems Integration
Automation and Enterprise Solutions Group
TAS Division of Omron Electronics LLC

That was 6 years ago but I found it very usefull to at least begin to dev. some more elaborate code.

Here is his comments on it :

Brief instructions:

1. Select the serial port and click Set.
2. Type in a command, not including FCS and *CR.
3. Click Go. FCS will be calculated and command will be sent. Response will
be shown below.

NOTE: The default text in the Command box is the PLC model read command. If
you just click Go, the response should show the model code (11 for CPM1A):
The entire text will be: @00MM001140* .

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Note: This is given to you with no guarantees, as a friendly gesture. No
support is implied. This is not an official Omron release. No liability
will be assumed. Please don't sue me!
This is meant as a starting point; not an application unto itself.

As you can see he was a thrue gentleman and help me when I needed it.

Hope this can help you tooooo!!!

For some reason I cannot get on but if you go to www.mrplc.com - select downloads - select Omron there is a wealth of information there including a VB Host Link example.

Dear Sir,

I m using omron CP1H plc with vb6.0 through rs232 communication
I m getting response from plc but i want read perticuller memory area , like D100 .... Now I m using "@00RD00000100" + fcs + * and chr(13)
and i m getting from plc result is more than 30 words but i want read a single word??? So please tell me that how i can do it???
thank you!!!!!

Unfortunately that ActiveX is for CV Mode Host Link (FINS) only, and does not work for CQM1, which uses C Mode Host Link only.
There is lots of code available on MrPLC for C Mode Host Link commands.
If you can provide more specifics, I can help with the VB code.

I m using omron CP1H plc with vb6.0 through rs232 communication

PMCR, the original post (back in 2005!!) was for CQM1, this latest one was for CP1H, so all should work, providing that pankajs1985 has a serial port...

Ooooops

lostcontrol

Sorry about that. You are absolutely correct.
I need to stop reading from a Blackberry. I miss the important details.

That ActiveX control is perfect for CP1H / CP1L.