New Machine

Joe Loescher

We had a machine built for us last July and it has taken this long to upgrade/repair/modify this to be able to run. Now I am looking at making some small changes to the PLC code. I have looked at quite a few PLC programs and can usually figure them out, but this one has me completely confused. Please have a look and tell me if it is just me or Should I start over from scratch??

Thanks Joe

It makes sense but I dont like HOW he/she did it. The subroutines in Main should have conditions for when they are called. I dont like using jumps to goto more jumps, just jump to where you need to be.

It does seem to be documented ok but would be time consuming to use for troubleshooting as is.

I gather this is a form of robotic welder that uses conveyors to index the material for welding.

Depending on your expertise you probably could make it neater.

On a quick glance, i agree with rsdoran abouts the jumps!

There could be more rung comments as you go through the logic

If it works i'd alter to suit and tidy as you go rather than starting from scratch!

DAMN IT!

Lost another client to Ditech!

When are you gonna get that damned Universal Translator working Uhura?

Last edited:
Terry,

Were you looking for a PDF?

OT...How is the weather in your area? I will be in your neck of the woods the rest of the week.

Bob O.

Terry,

I will be in Beaverton Tuesday night and Thursday night but in Eugene area Wed night.

Bob O.

Thanks for great evening Bob!

Where should I send the flowers?

Actually, I had a great time with you and Linn (sp?).

Next time we'll find a place where we can have a smoke without having to walk nextdoor.

Pretty cool that the volcano (Mt. St Helen's) happened to go off big while we were there... 'course, not as big as '81, but the biggest since then anyway.

Damn... that place (The Tillicum) used to be a Biker-Bar! Now it's... like healthy or some sort of **** like that (a healthy bar? Isn't that kinda like low-fat pig-rinds?).

Bob... I "KNOW" the "Corn Palace" is in Nebraska somewhere... It's got murals made of colored corn. I've been there a couple of times... can you imagine? ...once at the "Corn Palace" just wasn't enough?

Corn Palace

Sorry, Terry, but it's in Mitchell, SD. (or was this an "inside joke"?)

Never been there but passed by the town numerous times heading for the Rockies. It probably ranks up there with Wall Drug as place to see in SD.

There's a lot of work in that program to consider starting over from scratch. There is also the HMI you would have to do also.

Except for the second layer of subroutine calls in ladder #4, it actually looks pretty good and its not badly documented.

I would believe that anytime spent studying the ladder while its running and making the small changes you indicated would be less costly than starting over from scratch.

$0.02

Terry it was a pleasure meeting you. Close on the spelling of my name "Lynn". About the flowers my girlfriend could use some but Bob's wife doesn't need any. Again it was nice meeting you. If I am ever in the Portland area I will look you up to have a few at a smoking bar.

Lynn

Terry,

It was very nice meeting you and I look forward to another beer with you and maybe other in the area if we can round them up into your God's country.

Bob O.