Mp370

ghost

Hi. I need to address the width and height properties of a line object using VBscript in Siemens Simatic Multi Panel MP 370. Can anyone help me with this, please?

Thank you for reply :)

I think that it is not possible to manipulate width and height dynamically.
Only the X-offset and Y-offset can be manipulated dynamically via tags.

What is it that you want to achieve ?

I have a time graph. I need to change angle of some lines in that graph depending on selected program and total time of the process. It's a bit complicated because it's unable to use trend view object.

If you just need to change the time scale on a regular time-based trend, then you can easily do that with the functions Trend_Display_Compress and Trend_Display_Expand.

If the problem is that you have a process that is too fast for the MP370 to log, then you should take a look into trends with TrendType=History and Source=PLC and with a Switch Buffer. It means that it is the PLC that does the datalogging, and the entire trend is downloaded to the MP370 in one go rather than one value at a time.
This type of trend is also useful for X-Y type plotting.

The graph is statical, something like this (ignore commas):
....________
.../............\
../..............\_______
./.........................\
/...........................\

The whole process consists of 5 phases. Each phase has its duration time, which changes depending on selected program. All I need is to change the angle or length of these lines. This graph will be a time preview of the technology. There will be also a vertical line, representing current time position in the whole process.

Last edited:
I havent grasped what it is that cannot be done with a regular trend.

About a vertical line: You can display this with a regular trend.
You have to specify for the trend view:
"Display" tab .. select "Display Values Table".
"X-axis" tab .. select "Online operation" and "Read line".

edit:
If the graph displays a "profile", i.e. a variable setpoint, then use the "history" trend with values buffered in the PLC as suggested before.

Last edited:
Read line is very useful :). The only problem now is that I don't want to display realtime values (actual values), but asked values.

This graph should display the trend of asked value of the temperature. These values are known for any time spot of the process before the process itself begins. Only position of the readline will change in this graph.

How can I make trend view to display this?

The "asked" values are setpoint values I guess.
Just create a trend with datavalues from the setpoints that you are going to use.

"Realtime" does not imply that the values are Actual values from the proces. Realtime only means that the trend will update automatically with new values. It is quite possible to have both setpoints and actual values in the same trend view.

To display a profile curve with a variable setpoint BEFORE the curve is activated, you will have to create a history trend (not realtime) with values buffered in the PLC.