What is the difference between PLC-5 modified and non modified version?

Just guessing....

There were "secure" versions of the 5/15 and 5/25 known as 5/16 and 5/26. Perhaps that is what they're referring to. I have no idea how they were "secured", but apparently prevented unauthorised program modification.

Gerry said:
Just guessing....

There were "secure" versions of the 5/15 and 5/25 known as 5/16 and 5/26. Perhaps that is what they're referring to. I have no idea how they were "secured", but apparently prevented unauthorised program modification.

Could it be, master password (by Rockwell) cannot work in secured PLC (like CLX). The normal SLC/MLX can be override by a Master password by rockwell, no matter how OEM locks it :)

It doesn't have to do with security.

The "R" version of the PLC-5 Classic had a special jumper that disconnected the RAM and the real-time-clock from the battery when the chassis power was shut down. I don't know why they wanted it, but A-B built this variation for one specific Japanese customer.

The controller is otherwise totally firmware compatible with ordinary PLC-5 Classic controllers.

Ken Roach said:
It doesn't have to do with security.

The "R" version of the PLC-5 Classic had a special jumper that disconnected the RAM and the real-time-clock from the battery when the chassis power was shut down. I don't know why they wanted it, but A-B built this variation for one specific Japanese customer.

The controller is otherwise totally firmware compatible with ordinary PLC-5 Classic controllers.

This means that the program in the RAM and clock will all be resetted :) when the power is down?