Interface Siemens AC Servo Drive with S7-300

gabbar

hello everyone,I wanna interface Siemens AC Servo Drive with Simatic S7-300 (CPU 315-DP) with profibus connectivity.....plz help me in selecting the drive and profibus components.....I have attached the architecture....thanx nitin

I have done this type of configuration with a Siemens MasterDrive fitted with a siemens CBP Profibus card. When you create the plc hardware config, you drag and drop the CBP card into the station config. I normally use PPO4 for the data transfer (6 words in/ 6 words out). You can play almost any tune you like with these drives so hence the configuration takes a bit of getting used to.

I put the drive at address PIW/PQW1000 and use SFC14/15 to send a complete 6 word telegram to/from the drive via an interface DB. Drive starts/speeds etc. are accessed via the interface DB.
(Note: an alternative is to use remote I/O and use the terminals of the drive for stop/start/speed etc. This may not be so elegant but in a one-off situation it will be a lot quicker to get going)

Hello gabbar;
First of all, on your architecture sketch, you seem to have no master on the Profibus Network 2; both the the SST Master card and the CPU315-2 DP are on the Profibus Network 1. You need to clarify this configuration before anything else.
Next, what model of servo drive do you plan on implementing? Look at the Siemens Posmo family of servo drives and motors,they work very well under Profibus comms. The following link will take you to a dedicated webpage from Siemens: http://www2.automation.siemens.com/mc/mc-sol/en/8ecc45b0-3694-4dd5-8dff-7774d518da2a/index.aspx

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

hi daniel, i dont know much about Servo drives.....I want a servo drive of about 3KW with profibus connectivity(Inbuilt/with some additional module)...plz help me....thx nitin

I have to aggree with Daniel. Your network topology looks a bit strange.

Not only is there no master in network 2, but I also think that the on-board DP port on an S7-300 cannot be used for master-to-master communication (I think that the S7-300 cannot initiate a datatransfer, but it can respond to a data request from another master).

You could switch the AB over to the CP card on the S7-300 - that would allow master-to-master comms, and you could connect the drives on the on-board DP port set up as master.

But the neatest is to set up everything in only one Profibus network with the S7 315-2DP being the master and the AB one of the slaves. It looks like that the SST can work as both master and slave at the same time (using two node addresses I presume).

Last edited: