katratzi

Hello
first time user of Emulate 5 here. Can someone explain to me
how to use this software? I've been trying all morning to open
an .rsp program I wrote using RSLogix 5, but so far no luck. I
have three years experience using Logix 5, but none with
Emulate. I click File/Open, browse to the file I want, click open,
fill out out what I believe are the correct values in the resultant
pop-up window, click OK, then...... nothing. What could I be missing? The program doesn't look THAT complicated.

Something *is* happening, you just don't see it in the RSEmulate GUI. You need to use RSLogix 5 to "go online" with the emulator, just like you would do with a hardware PLC-5 controller.

The usual method I use is also to download to the emulator from RSLogix 5 via the RSLinx emulator driver. This eliminates the step of choosing "file -> Open" in RSEmulate 5. That file open mechanism was intended for opening old AI-5 series programs in the emulator.

Thanks guys, going "online" with RSLogix 5, that makes sense. I
don't know why I expected the entire program to load and run in
the Emulate window. But I did try your suggestions, and I got the error message "File open failed- file is corrupted or user does not
have access rights to open project." I can see the "processor" in
RSLinx, wonder why I'm getting this message?

OK, ignore that last post. In my haste and stupidity, I didn't read
or digest ALL of your message, Ken. Downloading worked just fine.
Thanks to all for the help.