EZPanel with "Universal Ethernet" from EZAutomation (AVG)

JimR

Has anyone tried these out? I talked to a tech support guy at EZAutomation today and he told me these panels with the "Universal Ethernet" option can control up to 64 Modbus TCP/IP PLCs on a network wheres EZTouch from AD can only control 7 PLCs. I'm trying to control 27. Just wondering if anyone has any user experience they can share.
Jim

A couple of guys were going to try out the "new guys", but I haven't heard from anybody, or seen anything posted yet.

As far as what you are trying to do, I think the best thing is to call the EZ-Guys and ask them for names of someone that has.

Be sure to get a "Guarenteed Performance" certificate, that their unit will do what you want.

Caveat Emporer, or something like that.

I trust GE, and AB, and Entertron; and usually Moeller; and Siemans somewhat.

I want to give AVG the benefit of the doubt, but.......

(With other peoples money, okay. With my cash, NO!)

regards.....casey

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised that what I'm doing isn't more common. I just want to hook up two displays with a number of PLCs. I don't have that much experience when it comes to PLC systems. I'm more of a hardware designer , taking on the odd PLC gig. This is by far the biggest but I thought an application like mine would be quite common where a couple of displays control a distributed system of PLCs. The Tech Support guy couldn't tell me what kind of perormance to expect. I recently did a 15 PLC system over modbus RS485 that was ok so I'm hoping 27 over ethernet will work just as well if the new panels from AVG do as claimed.

Gerry M said:
Just to bring it all together, Jim started a good thread on the AD website concerning this issue:

http://forum1.automationdirect.com/board/Forum5/HTML/000302.html

I'm not sure how to help you with your setup Jim, but I found your topic to be interesting.

Most of my work involves 1-2 screens per PLC, not the other way around. That's why I found your app. interesting. The only time I'm looking at more than 1 plc is for a scada application, where I'm more concerned with data capture, not display.