simatic manager doesnt have my CPU

SIMATIC PANIC

hi,

when im opening a new project in the simatic manager, u chose a CPU type with coresponding part number, i have a CPU 314 #6ES7 314-5AE02-0AB0, this is not listed, how do I add this to the list?
thanks

If you have Step7 V5.2 or above and have an internet connection, then in the hardware manager select "Options>InstallHwUpdates", this will connect you to the siemens web site and allow you download the latest cpu's etc.

Hi "panic".
I notice that the type you posted is for a 314IFM. As this is a VERY old model I think that it has nothing to do with your STEP7 version.
You may be looking the wrong place in the hardware list, try "314IFM" and not "314".

Apart from that, Simons reply is correct.
If you dont have SETp7 v5.2 or higher, or cannot go online to upload hardware updates, then simply select the CPU version that matches the real CPU most closely.
The program will load and run if you set the CPU property "Startup" .. "Startup when expected/actual configuration differ".
You may not be able to enjoy the improvements that the latest CPU have.
Important is that it is the same kind of CPU. If it is a 314, then you should not select a 313 or a 314-PtP.

youre wright yesper but also in version 5.2 is the 314IFM cpu listed so my guess is that he is searching at the wrong CPU